Update Twitter Chats: WHAT To DO BETTER!?
WE were already discussing about Twitter-Chats to use for <===> Professional Development, called ALSO “Teacher Training” (in Luxembourg/Europe) in my following blog posts:
It’s time to reflect on the way HOW they get used; are THEY used correctly OR are they ONLY reflecting the use of Technology WITH OLD EDUcation Mentality!?
Well, I must say (sadly…) that Twitter-Chats are mostly used with THE OLD EDUcation Mentality! Thus meaning: there isn’t any reflection about the published posts, NO analyzing about WHAT was understood and WHAT NOT!!! And that is a shame which needs to get done BETTER!
It’s a feeling like being back again in time WHERE a lesson was taught and nothing later happend, excuse-me please: that is NOT #ModernEDU!!!
WHAT needs to get changed for BETTER!?
Well, I don’t go too far into NEW Pedagogy and an Up-To-Date Professional Development (will provide links for further reading below…) and just tell YOU WHAT SHOULD be done different; let us take ALSO a look on the picture below, my advice:
- Once a month make a break with Twitter-Chats and provide a blog post with reflecting on the weeks before; analyze the posts and give tips, advice for doing, learning BETTER…
- Make it a Twitter-Chat by including the blog post and use it as a Twitter-Chat to get feedback on the analyzing…
- Update YOUR blog post with the feedback given…
- Create ALSO in this blog post the best links, resources provided by the tweeps (participants in the Twitter-Chats)…
- Show the archives from that month on YOUR reflecting blog post…
- Create an “End of The Year” blog post after 12 month, reflecting the whole year of Twitter-Chats…
- Create a keyword list in these blog posts about the Topics…
- Create a list of the tweeps: Twitter username with link to the tweeps, so that the readers can connect directly with the participants… YOU may use Twitter-lists to do so…
By doing the above YOU will know MORE about on the How-To the Twitter-Chats were understood, WHAT did the learners, students learn, WHAT are THEY asking for HELP <===> WHO is YOUR audience…
Check ALSO “Updated Twitter knowledge” with less abbreviations and international sensitivity about certain abbreviations…
- My curation about Twitter:
- WHAT is a professional Educator, Teacher!?
- My curation about Modern Edu-Pedagogy:
- My blog posts about “Professional Development”:
- UnLEARNing THE OLD, ReLEARNing, LEARNing To LEARN / How To!?
- LEARNing Path For Professional 21st Century LEARNing By ICT PracTICE Concept
Feedback and reflecting
Well, I must say that I am feeling HAPPY that this blog post was taken for serious and that I EVEN got a reply and a positive surprise from a member of my #PLN on Twitter, please check below:
Keywords necessary for me to create this blog post: NO reflecting, ONLY posting, NO revising, understanding the topic!?, OLD EDU used with Edtech tools, OLD Mentality about EDU, Change of the system on How-To, Monthly reflecting about the Twitter-Chats, resume Twitter-Chats,
L’auteur Gust MEES est Formateur andragogique / pédagogique TIC, membre du “Comité Conseil” de “Luxembourg Safer Internet” (LuSI), appelé maintenant BEESECURE, partenaire officiel (consultant) du Ministère de l’éducation au Luxembourg du projet ”MySecureIT“, partenaire officiel du Ministère du Commerce au Luxembourg du projet ”CASES” (Cyberworld Awareness and Security Enhancement Structure).
The author Gust MEES is ICT Course Instructor, ”Member of the Advisory Board” from “Luxembourg Safer Internet” (LuSI), BEESECURE, Official Partner (Consultant) from the Ministry of Education in Luxembourg, project “MySecureIT“, Official Partner from the Ministry of Commerce in Luxembourg, project “CASES” (Cyberworld Awareness and Security Enhancement Structure).
Stay tuned for next blog post(s)😉