This is the English version of my French blog post ===> Collaboration internationale-trucs et astuces <=== which was created in 2009. I will use this English version to create a collaboration together with other authors, where WE will bring in collaboratively OUR experiences. First author, who helped me to correct my bad English and who contributed also is Mindy KIM. You will find her contribution with the initials [MK]. Thanks Mindy.
What you should know:
Good manners, such as greeting somebody (Hello, Hi…) also and especially on Internet (on Internet it is disappearing almost), saying “Thank you” to somebody and “please” are “keywords” for showing “Respect” to each other.
In my country (Luxembourg in Europe) we even say that those words are the “keys” that open all the doors…
Different authors with different cultures are trying to meet and share their knowledge on a blog to break out the distances among themselves.
- the language of the country
- Example: Portal Luxembourg (My curation)
- the mentality of the locals
- Different cultures
- customs of the country and the holidays from these countries
- Internet laws from these countries
- Etiquette (in general)
- Etiquette in Luxembourg (Europe)
- the time zone of the country
- the favorite sport of the country
- the country’s policy
- interesting websites from these countries
- national and regional gourmet menus
- Example: Portal Luxembourg national menus
- Example 2: Portal Luxembourg national menus
- different measurement units (in general)
- the school system in the country, comparison between systems in different countries …
- Responsibility of sharing!!! Make sure that the shared articles and links are trustful and don’t contain MALWARE!!!
- jet lag
- language: there are different expressions as learned in school. Typical expressions of countries and we do not know and / or not well or not at all (??)
- the mentality of the people of these countries are other than ours
- temperament of different countries, the mentality of the country “called” the “South” is more “warm”, while the mentality of the country, “said” the “North” is “cold”, misunderstood comments may be unavoidable …
- different education
- the educational hierarchy (my degree is higher than yours [this is also the same in our own country]
- a different religion
- a different policy, not all countries have democracy …
- the living standards of people in these countries
- the competitive spirit of a country to another (which one is better?)
- the different characters (sympathy, antipathy)
- [MK] Know how to address someone respectfully.
- [MK] Know formal introductions in another language.
Tip: in order not to face immediately problems it is to recommend not to publish in collaborative blogs on religion and politics, because everyone has their own vision …
Ethics on the internet
On the Internet, we users (those who use the Internet) are both a transmitter and receiver. We use the internet, this service is bi-directional (two way), and exposes us to interventions without borders. As a result we are faced with interpersonal barriers, culture, society, etc.. In order not to make missteps it is advisable to apply sincerity, traditional values of honesty, courtesy, politeness, civility, fairness, integrity, confidentiality, which are the foundations of human civilization .
Here below a screenshot from World Time Buddy, very interesting and existing ALSO as an App.
It is advisable to bring translation tools, because very few people (those) who arrive suddenly
to will write in a different language other than their mother tongue, (will need to to be able to utilize these tools).
As we write in a language other than our mother tongue it is obvious that we do not find all the words that we need to write our blog (or other document), then at that time a dictionary is welcome . Of course we also find free software on the internet, including below a non-exhaustive list:
[MK] Consider this starting from… it is obvious that we do not find all the words that we need to write our blog…
Grammar Online Tools
Of course we are not perfect, far from it, especially as regards the grammatical errors and misspellings. On the internet you can also find online tools where you can check your texts, below is a list:
- Le Conjugueur
- FREE Grammar Check
- http://www.scoop.it/t/21st-century-tools-for-teaching-people-and-learners/?tag=Grammar-Checker (curation)
Different Countries, Different Units Of Measure
Responsibility Of Sharing!
[GM] When WE are sharing articles and especially links WE MUST make sure that WE don’t share MALWARE infected stuff! WE would “infect” OTHERS computer’s (smartphones) with such an action, so be aware, please. WE should learn about the basics of Cyber Security as a GOOD Digital Citizen, which is actually NOT that difficult 😉 Please follow my FREE courses and tutorials below, please:
Check ALSO the screenshot below, who shows infected and malicious sites.
- QWERTY keyboard, used in some Francophone countries (France and Belgium)
- QWERTY keyboard designed for English, a language without writing accents
- QWERTZ keyboard.
Authors Social Media Accounts, Connect With Them
- Pinterest ===> http://www.pinterest.com/webwizard/
- Scoop.it (Curation) ===> http://www.scoop.it/u/webwizard
[MK] Mindy KIM: I am present on:
- Twitter ===> @kimmindy7
- Facebook ===> MindyKim
- LinkedIN ===>https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mindy-kim/83/7b5/b01
- Pinterest ===> https://www.pinterest.com/mkv
- Scoop.it (Curation) ===> http://www.scoop.it/u/mindy-kim
Stay tuned for next blog posts 😉