I start a new series of blogs with educational vocation who will be easy to follow as they take only +/- 5 minutes and by following them and by applying my advice you will become a champion in IT-Security ;)
What we already learned in Part1 + Part2 + Part3 + Part4 + Part5:
The browser, such as: Internet Explorer [IE], Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari + … is the entrance portal for malware. You use your browser to navigate Internet and if your browser and add-ons are not updated they might lead you to a “drive-by-download“; thus meaning you infect your computer by only visiting a web site!!!
- See Part1: browsers
- See Part2: Check your computer
- See Part3: Update your Third Party Applications!
- See Part4: Surf more secure-which web sites to trust?
- See part5: Not ONLY InternetSafety-ALSO It-Security:
Continuing in the mentality of my 5 min tutorials to get smart for IT-Security http://gustmees.wordpress.com/category/get-smart-with-5-minutes-tutorials/ I will present to you more valuable courses and tutorials and some talking about on How-To…
As I said it already in a previous blog post, not all tutorials should be technical, so isn’t this one again. It will give you some ideas in general and those ideas will get deepened each other in next 5 min smart tutorials, here below is a short overview…
There is a need for following actions, which of course need to be FREE for the whole population:
- Awareness campaigns for making Internet users more responsible for their online behavior, this for seniors, adults, parents, teens, kids
- Creating in schools a FREE IT-Security Club , called “IT-Security Scouts” and Training of IT-Security Scouts in schools, universities, colleges…
- See my French version (will create an English version soon…): http://gustmeesfr.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/securite-pc-et-internetidees-et-projets/
- Students teaching Teachers about IT-Security, Government teaching Teachers about IT-Security, Teachers teaching students about IT-Security
- Weekly IT-Security Day in schools, especially for “Bring Your Own Device” (Hashtag is #BYOD)…
- See “6.Organize a Family Weekly-Security-Day” on my blog
- And also http://gustmeesen.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/beginners-it-security-guide/
Check out ALSO (updated on April 7, 2013):
- Ideas for a more secure Internet-part2/IT-Security Scouts
- Ideas for a more secure Internet-part3/Dangers of storage devices
|Gust MEES est Formateur andragogique / pédagogique TIC, membre du “Comité Conseil” de “Luxembourg Safer Internet” (LuSI), appelé maintenant BEESECURE, partenaire officiel (consultant) du Ministère de l’éducation au Luxembourg du projet ”MySecureIT“, partenaire officiel du Ministère du Commerce au Luxembourg du projet ”CASES” (Cyberworld Awareness and SecurityEnhancement Structure)…
The author Gust MEES is ICT Course Instructor, ”Member of the Advisory Board” from “Luxembourg Safer Internet” (LuSI), BEESECURE, Official Partner (Consultant) from the Ministry of Education in Luxembourg, project “MySecureIT“, Official Partner from the Ministry of Commerce in Luxembourg, project “CASES” (Cyberworld Awareness and Security Enhancement Structure).