21st Century How-To Guide For Teaching-People (teachers, professors, educators, instructors…)…
A practical guide for teaching-people (teachers, professors, educators, instructors…) on How-To teach (coach) learners on a modern way with tools from the 21st Century and also with newest 21st Century Education knowledge. Information about 21st Century Learning and Teaching. Adapting the concept of education to the digital age, the 21st Century. Save lots of costs by FREEWARE and OpenSource programs as well with academic licences…
Education could change the world, use Internet to share your knowledge for FREE and give opportunity for everyone to learn.
This blog will get updated as soon as the authors will have some new knowledge to share with you dear readers…
This was a knol created on September 27, 2009, renamed on February 20, 2011 and now migrated to WordPress on April 14, 2012.
|Gust MEES||Gust MEES.Google Knol was discontinued as on May 1, 2012!|
|Hardyna VEDDER||Hardyna VEDDER||Not on WordPress but here http://einstein21.org/|
|Silverio CARUGO||Silverio CARUGO|
Introduction to Teaching in 21st Century
Teaching in 21st Century is becoming a challenge actually for teaching-people, not everybody has the knowledge about new teaching-technologies (Tools…) and new teaching-education, especially not teaching persons with a certain age, so let us try in this knol to propose on HowTo this could get “learned” and also on HowTo the teaching-people could work “together” with their learners (students) with 21st Century knowledge…
“Kids between the ages of 8 and 18 spend 11.5 hours a day using technology — whether that’s computers, television, mobile phones, or video games – and usually more than one at a time. That’s a big chunk of their 15 or 16 waking hours.”
|Created with Edraw MindMap|
And when well prepared the courses, a positive feedback for the teaching-person motivates this one to go further also, no frustration but motivation… Think outside the box and use your creativity…
- 5 Minds For The Future (Howard GARDNER) to understand what the world needs for abilities fom students in 21st Century…
- The Disciplinary Mind: the mastery of major schools of thought, including science, mathematics, and history, and of at least one professional craft.
- The Synthesizing Mind: the ability to integrate ideas from different disciplines or spheres into a coherent whole and to communicate that integration to others.
- The Creating Mind: the capacity to uncover and clarify new problems, questions and phenomena.
- The Respectful Mind: awareness of and appreciation for differences among human beings and human groups.
- The Ethical Mind: fulfillment of one’s responsibilities as a worker and as a citizen.
As mentioned already above, it is the learner (student) who is the most important and not every learner is learning on the same way, we as human are all different and so we are also learning, differently… There are people they are learning better on “visual effects”, as others may like more “auditive” messages, people who prefer learning without noise at all around as also people who need a music-background to learn best (as I do…), people who prefer to be alone to learn as also people they like to learn and to work together in a team…
You should also read these articles:
Working in a team is needed for 21st Century, the Power of different knowledge merged to one only knowledge to resolve the problems of this world… Thus also meaning that children and adults need to get educated to “cross-border-thinking“, as Internet allows a 24/24 hours connexion to the whole world and that people from different nationalities can work together without any problems, even when not understanding the same language, translation tools make this possible…
Life Long Learning made easy and for FREE!
And that is what the new generation of Internet tools, the “Cloud” is providing, e.g. Google docs, where it is possible to work as a team on the same document and where the team could be spread around the world because the document is accessible online…
Students to make curious again in lessons is mission of innovative content concepts to reduce the rate of school failure. Papillon is such a solution concept. By linking real and virtual learning environments Internet becomes the classroom.
- First, the real world of knowledge.
- Second, a fictional world of characters and stories, which reader has to explore.
|—> Click image to enlarge <—|
- Interactive Learning in the Connected Classroom
- 21st-Century Classrooms
- A 21st Century Interactive Learning Environment
Engaging and motivating students: this is the most important part of your teaching career, it is the first touch with your students who is the most important (which ever age they have…), this gives them the “first impression of you”…
Personally I can recommend DOKEOS as I worked for two years with it and that it was for my needs the best one of the above mentioned… See below a screenshot of its structure…
- PC Security-HowTo Secure My PC
- Sécurité PC et Internet / sécurité-sites-Internet (in French but most proposed links are also in English), use translation tools please, as shown below…
As already mentioned it is also possible to work together on the same document(s) when using Google docs (internet connexion needed)…
- Google docs
|For more information see here: TIP|
Mind map based on Google for Educators.
Apps for higher education…
Apps for K-12…
DIDASCA – The First Italian Cyber Schools for Lifelong Learning is a non-profit education organization based in Italy. It proudly defines itself as a leading Brainware Provider. ‘Brainware’ is a newly created term that indicates the ability by humans to use hardware and software efficiently. DIDASCA helps people to build their e-Skills in order to exploit the full potential of the hardware and software they currently use in their everyday activities.
What Can Education Do For A Better World???
Education, if well managed can do a lot for a better world. The teaching system (worldwide) should teaching more about sensibleness of nature and social conflicts, not only the basics what is already on the teaching schedule, more teaching of sensibleness how humans are destroying our planet, trying to make learners sensible to the planet problems…
What is Education already doing for a better world??? There is a worldwide Student Exchange Program for cultural understanding existing as well as a special Concept of knowledge sharing from the European Commission, called “COMENIUS“, please watch here “Comenius“. Other possibilities from the European Commission could get found here “Education & Training“.
Education should be FREE for everybody worldwide, there is already something happening, not known by most of the people, have a look here please “Khan Academy“. Khan (The Founder) intends nothing less than “tens of thousands” of tutorials offering the “first free, world-class virtual school where anyone can learn anything.” Have a look on here as well, please: Bill Gates’ favorite teacher.
What’s Your Learning Style???
Try out the Quiz from this superb web site about Education, from EDUTOPIA.
Try it out and let your learners do the Quizz, so you know what kind of Learning Style they have, this will be a very good guide for you…
Creating Your Own Web Page…
In lots of countries the Ministry of Education provides the schools and universities with the facility for creating their websites by offering them also the hosting space. But this is not possible in any country and states, so those who would create a web page for their school must do it themselves. Here below a non-exhaustive list of FREE web templates who could get used for FREE:
By introducing the learners to the same tools which the teaching-person uses they will feelmotivated as the teaching person shares his secrets with them and they will learn what are the best tools and also how to use them and this done as a Team-Work will be best for the education process…
|UK||UK Copyright Law|
|US||Copyright Law of the United States|
|Canada||Copyright Law Canada|
|Australia||Australian Copyright Council|
|France||Droit du Net|
|France||LégiFrance/Code de la propriété ...|
|Luxembourg||Le monde numérique et les droits d’auteur|
|Luxembourg||Photos sur l’internet…|
- Google Blog: Finding More High-Quality Sites In Search Results Date: 24.02.2011.
- SEO : GOOGLE favorise maintenant les “sites de qualité” (FR) Date: 25.02.2011.
- Google modifie son algortthme et pénalisera ses plagieurs (FR) Date: 25.02.2011.
Check out also author’s curation: 21st Century Learning and Teaching
Driving Innovation in Public Education
So, with all that advice, How-To create my Quality Course now?
- Les outils d’excellence du formateur (Sophie COURAU)
- La boîte à outils du formateur (Dominique BEAU)
- Animer un stage de formation (Nicolas JOUSSE)
- Au bon plaisir d’apprendre (Bruno HOURST)… (Re)trouver la faculté d’apprendre avec le sourire 😉
- Modèles de jeux de formation (Bruno HOURST et Sivasailam THIAGARAJAN)
- Savoirs professionnels et curriculum de formation (Yves LENOIR/Marie-Hélène BOUILLIER-OUDOT)
- Ce que manager par projet veut dire (Alain ASQUIN/Christophe FALCOZ/Thierry PICQ)
- Le syndrome de l’autruche (Rober GOBERT)
- Le syndrome de l’écureuil (Robert GOBERT)
- À l’école des intelligences multiples (Bruno HOURST)
- Les 5 formes d’intelligence (Howard GARDNER)
- Intégrer les intelligences multiples dans votre école (Thomas-R. HOERR)
- Aidez votre enfant à mieux apprendre (Bruno HOURST)
- À reculons, comme une écrevisse : Guerres chaudes et populisme médiatique (Umberto ECO)
- Guide pratique de l’écrivain (Paul DESALMAND)
- Publier son livre (Nicolas DELECOURT/Laurence HAPPE-DURIEUX)
- Le livre de la sagesse de Confucius (Les grands textes spirituels/Éditions du Rocher)
- Les entretiens de Confucius (Connaissances de l’orient/GALLIMARD)
- EQ2: Der Erfolgs Quotient (Daniel GOLEMAN)
- Lernen und Gehirn /Der Weg zu einer neuen Pädagogik (Herder Spektrum)
- EQ: Emotionale Intelligenz (Daniel GOLEMAN)
- Emotionale Kompetenz (Claude STEINER)
- Soziale Intelligenz. Wer auf andere zugehen kann, hat mehr vom Leben Daniel GOLEMAN)
- Die Welt der neuen Kinder/Erziehen im Informations-Zeitalter (Wolfgang BERGMANN)
- Abschied vom Gewissen/Die Seele ind der digitalen Welt (Wolfgang BERGMANN)