Possible instructions for educators on how they can work together with the learners. Knowing the tools for 21st Century Learning is primordial to give quality courses. One very important knowledge who needs to get taught is “Critical Thinking“; it brings out also new ideas and the courage to become an engager and helps to try to build a better world in both worlds: “Real World” and “Virtual World” (Internet)!
Teaching “Critical Thinking” to your students and learners is a MUST for a world who is changing very fast (sometimes too fast…) so that a lot of people can’t follow anymore… But by knowing “Critical Thinking” people would be catching up more quick, so very important!!!
===> Critical Thinking is a catalyst when well used together with Social Medias! <===
What should get be taught and learned more in 21st Century while using ICT?
Being online since 1998 and giving courses about ICT more than 10 years the practice and my online excursions show me that IT-Security and Internet-Safety are not yet taught enough. Seriously I think there is a need to talk and teach about existing laws in different countries and show the learners that they have not ONLY rights but also responsibilities; teachers the same for YOU ;)
HOW COULD THAT BE IN PRACTICE???
- 5 Minds For The Future (Howard GARDNER) to understand what the world needs for abilities fom students in 21st Century…
- The Disciplinary Mind: the mastery of major schools of thought, including science, mathematics, and history, and of at least one professional craft.
- The Synthesizing Mind: the ability to integrate ideas from different disciplines or spheres into a coherent whole and to communicate that integration to others.
- The Creating Mind: the capacity to uncover and clarify new problems, questions and phenomena.
- The Respectful Mind: awareness of and appreciation for differences among human beings and human groups.
- The Ethical Mind: fulfillment of one’s responsibilities as a worker and as a citizen.
When having read the recommended books YOU will understand much better what are the actions to take and certainly there will be also some new ideas from YOU ;)
So, what does this show us!?
- There isn’t enough information from Education (or too theoretical) around about how to get protected
- Why? Perhaps teachers and educators are Mac users and not prepared for such a serious task!? Lack of REAL knowledge about IT-Security!
- Lack of IT-Security knowledge in general, so how can one be able then to bring over the right knowledge!?
- Learners don’t feel it necessary, why? Bad teaching, sorry! Not ONLY a society problem as some say! A teacher doesn’t give up till he finds the right way that it will get understood even that he must learn himself some new stuff to make it more interesting for the learners!
- There isn’t enough information from Government to adults and seniors around about how to get protected (or too theoretical)
- When courses are giving from Education and Government they are too theoretical and don’t give the necessary practice to learners for protecting their computers
- IT-Security can ONLY have best results when done with practical workshops!
- ===> Confucius, Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand. - Confucius, 450 B.C.
- Education and Government are publishing with 21st Century Technology but still doing it with 20th Century knowledge! They have to improve and to employ people with the necessary practice knowledge and skills!
- There is a need to prepare learners more to the dangers of Internet! Especially against Scam!
- Learners and adults need to know the laws in Internet!
- There is a need to create so called “IT Security Help Points (Places)” where people with practice knowledge and skills are available to give advice on the place and wherevisitors can bring their computers to check for vulnerabilities and infections, as I did as a volunteer, but these people should get payed for it!
- See my ideas published already in 2004 (in French, use translation tools…):
Critical Thinking Questions and memes
Questions to make everybody awake for Critical-Thinking and responsibilities as also laws and hopefully to see one day practical courses and workshops:
- What do YOU think about people who are walking door by door and trying if a door is open and enter into the house!? And worth, who are looking for other holes were they can enter into the house!?
- Port Scanning and scanning web sites where YOU are not the owner of it are not allowed and punished by laws!
- Imagine YOU would have an exhibition of your talented pictures, drawings, books, texts, sculptures and… in a big exhibition place (Internet); someone is visiting this exhibition and takes your talented work away with him!? Of course without paying YOU for this nor to tell YOU that he did so and that later on this person would make his own exhibition somewhere else pretending that it is his own work and even earn money with it!? What would be YOUR reaction!? Do YOU know that this is what is called “Copyright“!?
- Do YOU educate YOUR children and learners at home about bad and good? Do YOU educate them not to steal and not to break in other houses? Do YOU explain YOUR children and learners the laws and also the terms “prison” + “jail”? In virtual life (Internet) there are also laws and rules, explain them also to YOUR children and learners!
- Do YOU educate YOUR children and learners to become good citizen? Do the same in #virtuallife (Internet) so that they will become good eCitizen, called also Digital Citizen!
- Someone who doesn’t have the knowledge to use his computer (the vehicle in virtual life/Internet) is a potential danger for the COMMUNITY!!!
- Protect YOUR children and learners by telling them the laws in Internet to avoid that they will become Cyber-criminals! Show them some practical examples about arrested people who thought that they would be invisible on Internet such as:
- Do YOU know who is profiting from such a lack of knowledge and naivety!? Cyber-crime is, they use YOUR computer to earn money, funny isn’t it!??? Wake up!!!
Learning and teaching how-to stay secure and get protected
Laws in different countries, mostly in Europe
The French version http://gustmeesfr.wordpress.com/ (en français) includes already a big collection of francophone country laws, such as from:
- Infractions informatiques code pénal article 509 : code pénal article 509
- Fraude informatique en droit luxembourgeois : Fraude informatique en droit luxembourgeois
- Lois : Code Pénal, Art. 444. (L. 8 juin 2004) : calomnie, diffamation, injure, divulgation méchante.
- Lien du code pénal : voir les pages 12 à 23. (ajouté au 03.12.2009)
- Les droits d’auteur : Les droits d’auteur
- Les droits d’auteur (2) : Les droits d’auteur (2)
- Droits d’auteur LUXORR : Droits d’auteur LUXORR
- Protection des données privées : Protection des données privées
- Dépôt de plainte : Dépôt de plainte
- Porter plainte au Commissariat Virtuel : Porter plainte au Commissariat Virtuel
- Portail Justice (nouveau-en ligne depuis 28.06.2010)
Liens connexes :
- Répression et risques juridiques : Répression et risques juridiques pour les entreprises
- Harcèlement commercial : Harcèlement commercial par téléphone
- Droit et Techologies (LU) : Droit et Technologies (LU)
- Les TIC / Cyberbullying
- Les atteintes à la réputation sur Internet : Droit & Technologies (ajouté au 03.12.2009)
- Loi du 29 juillet 1881 sur la liberté de la presse (diffamation, injures, etc.[ajouté au 04.04.2010])
- loi DADVSI : Loi DADVSI
- Forum des droits sur l’Internet : Forum des droits sur l’Internet
- Droit NTIC : Droit NTIC
- CNIL : CNIL
Liens connexes :
- Hadopi, des milliers de constats d’ « IP pirates » chaque jour
- Droit et Technologies (FR) : Droit et Technologies (FR)
- Lois au Québec et au Canada : ISIQ (CA)
- Ministère de la justice (CA) : Ministère de la justice (CA)
- JuriscomNet (CA) : JuriscomNet (CA)
- Cyberintimidation et fiche d’information sur la loi : Cyberintimidation
- Questions et réponses clés à l’intention du personnel enseignant
- Droit et Technologies (BE) : Droit et Technologies (BE)
Ceci étant les lois que je connais, si vous en connaissiez d’autres lois de pays francophones , veuillez utiliser les commentaires pour me les communiquer et je les intègrerais afin de faire de ce blog un document collaboratif francophone, merci d’avance.
- Urheberrecht: Urheberrecht
- e-Recht: e-Recht
- Netz und Recht: Netz und Recht
- Internetrecht: Internetrecht
- Dejure: Dejure
- File Sharing Recht: File Sharing Recht (DE)
Copyright Laws in certain countries
|UK||UK Copyright Law|
|US||Copyright Law of the United States|
|Canada||Copyright Law Canada|
|Australia||Australian Copyright Council|
|France||Droit du Net|
|Luxembourg||Le monde numérique et les droits d’auteur|
|Luxembourg||Photos sur l’internet…|
THE OBJECT of Teaching…
as on Friday May 18, 2012: SaferOnlineTeam@MS
Follow Friday – Follow
Redmond, WA, USA http://www.microsoft.com/security
Stay tuned for next courses and tutorials ;)
|Gust MEES est Formateur andragogique / pédagogique TIC, membre du “Comité Conseil” de “Luxembourg Safer Internet” (LuSI), appelé maintenant BEESECURE, partenaire officiel (consultant) du Ministère de l’éducation au Luxembourg du projet ”MySecureIT“, partenaire officiel du Ministère du Commerce au Luxembourg du projet ”CASES” (Cyberworld Awareness andSecurityEnhancementStructure)…
The author Gust MEES is ICT Course Instructor, ”Member of the Advisory Board” from “Luxembourg Safer Internet” (LuSI), BEESECURE, Official Partner (Consultant) from the Ministry of Education in Luxembourg, project “MySecureIT“, Official Partner from the Ministry of Commerce in Luxembourg, project “CASES” (Cyberworld Awareness and Security Enhancement Structure).